Wednesday, October 15, 2003

What a day!!!

The day wasnt too bad until work. I got to work, and Found out there was MUCH to do for, Jr, Stacy, and me. Enough work to last from ALL Dayshift to, All Evening Shift, with a full staff. But we were expected to do it with only 3 of us. We got 90% of it done, and then some, zoning didnt get done.

A customer got Irate because there was noone in Funature to help her. She supposedly asked a few Associates if they could help her. and everyone said "They didnt work Furniature" so she asked me if I could page someone for Furnature. I told her sure. So I paged. No one showed. I was doing my work. and she came back about 10 min later, and said she wanted to speak with a manager. I asked her if there was any way I could help her, and she said I could just get a manager. So I paged for a manager. One wasnt showing, I happend to see Assistant Manager Kelli walk by, so I asked if she could help the customer out real quick. She did. Well the customer started yelling that their wasnt enough empoyee's in Furnature, etc etc... She said how noone would help her. But she put me in good light.. Which was good :) she said how I paged for someone, then went back to do my work. So I didnt know anyone wasnt showing. So she came back, and caught me, and asked me to page for a manager. She told Kelli I did what she thought I should have done. (She was more upset about the other associates that were closer to the area that just said "I dont work there" etc, or the fact that there wasnt someone in Furnature.) Afterwards, when the customer left, and Kelli came back, I talked to her, and told her Im sorry about it. And she said dont worry, just next time if someone needs help in furnature go help them. So I told Keilli about being coached. and how It seems like When I help the customers I get in trouble, but when I dont, I stay out of trouble. She said thats not right. So if anything, at least someone else in management knows. I am going to fully develop my letter tonight, to ben. I will give it to him on Friday (Hopefully hes there, if hes not, I will just write his name on the envelope, and leave it for him in the Manager's Office.

Well then they start sending people home, They sent EVERYONE else but me home. I think me and Carla from Sporting Goods were the only associates still there at 11, besides Night Shift. Stacy was sent home early at 9, instead of 10, and J.R. was sent home at 10 instead of 11.

Just before J.R. left, we got a call for a return, a 20" TV brought back, outside the box, with the box weather damaged. I get the thing 99% repacked. Im down the the last peice of tape, and I tried to stratle the box, so I could keep it together, so I could tape it shut. And all I hear is "riiiiiiip", I split my pants from mid-zipper clear to just below the knee. Talk about embarassing. I got behind the counter, and grabbed the stapler, and started to staple my pants back together. to the best of my ability. It seemed every move I made, caused the pants to rip a lil more, and the staples to pop off, so I spent the last hour, re-stapling my pants. I never got my last 15min break. When it was time to clock out. I took off my vest, and draped it over my arm in such a way that it hid the split. somewhat. the staples held from lower zipper to knee. it was the upper part I was worried about. Didnt want anyone to see my Blue boxers with cute lil polar bears. I get out to the car, and I start to check my pockets, to get my keys, I couldnt find them. Why, Cause they werent in my pockets. I left them in the car. and the car was locked. I had to call home. I got my mom, and she came up and loaned me my sister's set of keys, so I could unlock the door. I almost left my vest, and Badge on the roof of the car, but my mom reminded me. So I get in the car, and head home, I am just in a "why me" mood at this point. when I get home, Mom tells me I have to come upstairs, so they can see just how bad it ripped, by the time I got home, all the staples came out of the pants, and the pants look very Shredded. My mom and sis couldnt beleive I did it. I think they felt a tad bit bad for me. But they made light of it, and laughed. To keep me in a good mood. they know that as long as people are laughing I remain cheerful.

I am just glad I am at home now, where I am safe and sound.

No comments: