Dear Ben,
It has come to my attention that false accusations are spreading throughout the store that may cause termination of my position in electronics. One of the accusations started a couple weeks ago about me "disappearing" from my department. Several associates and members of management approached me about my "disappearing". If I ever leave my department, I tell the other associates that I am working with where I am going. Sometimes it is impossible to tell every associate I am working with. But I make sure that at least someone knows where I am going. I offer a helping hand with other departments such as furniture, sporting goods, housewares, and other departments, when nobody else is around. There are other times when I have to get things in the backroom, such as the PlayStation 2, XBOX, and GameCube. I am there for the customer, and if I have to leave my department to help them, I do make sure that somebody in my department knows what I am doing. For a while I started a log of times for when I left the department, why, and who I told. Nothing has been said for a while. On Wednesday I was the only one in my department. A customer asked for me to page for someone to furniture. I did that very thing. Nobody showed, so she asked for me to page for management. Assistant Manager Kelly came by Electronics and I told her that the customer needed to speak with her. The customer got very nasty with Kelly and said someone should have helped her. I would have but I was under very strict orders by Assistant Manager Theresa to "Keep that body of yours in the department at all times". So I did this very thing. I love working in Electronics and helping customers, but its a no win situation, either customers are upset because we are helping another customer in another area, or they are upset cause we cant help them in that area. Many times I hear "Customer assistance is needed in Electronics" when there are 4 or 5 of us on the floor in the department, just the customer and or associate that the customer asked is too lazy to look for us when one of us should be an isle away.
The other day, I was approached by a front end CSM about a rumor that was spreading throughout the store. This involved a friend and I sitting under the pavilion out front during my hour lunch break. People are accusing me of having sex on the table with her. This is interfering with my work because it shoots down my self-esteem. I would never do something like that, and I would think that my fellow coworkers would think the same. It really works on my integrity, and gives me a bad reputation that I do not appreciate.
I would appreciate to know why these things have to be said about me. I am here for the customer, and I do my tasks at hand when told to, whenever possible. When asked to help out, I help out. It just really upsets me that some people have to speak of me in this manner. I would like people to know the truth, and that all that has been going on is false.
Sincerely,
Anthony J. Frandsen
Home Entertainment
This letter was originally written by Alison, I just modified it to my own words, and added an event that was aplicable. :) Her words are my words, as we are one :) And yes I did sign the letter in ink, above my name!
No comments:
Post a Comment