I went into work this morning, after only 5 hours of sleep, worked very rapidly (I think I work best in the mornings like this, I get more accomplished, and my day isnt so screwed up, (If only I went to bed earlier, and actually got some sleep I would have no probs with this schedule). I got a peice from the new LOTR display set aside at work. When it came time for my break, about 4 hours after I started work. I went out to put the display in my car. I put the key into the car door. *Click*, and I turned the key a 2nd time, but there was nothing but dead silence. The electric locks werent disingaging. So I open up the drivers side door. and I our of curiosity, stick the key into the ignition, and turned, still nothing but silence. The battery was dead. I thought back, I had left my lights on, I turned them on this morning cause it was still slightly dark, and 95% of the people out there, on the road, had them on still. I had forgotten to turn them off. So I went back in. And I continued my day at work, without worry, I knew there had to be a way to get a jump-start before I go.
I saw Alison today, and the day felt MUCH better. There is nothing like seeing her smile to bring joy back to my world, even if the day is absolutly crappy, just seeing her face makes it all worth it. Well I finished the day, and I bought LOTR: Two Towers Extended Edition (With Gollum). I went over to TLE, and asked for a Jump-Start. They brought out a portible Jump-Start kit. And they jumped my car. (Remind me I have to buy one of them when I get a car, and I'd keep one in ever car I ever use. As they would pay off!)
So I head home with a freshly charged battery, I didnt think To leave the car running when I got home, for a while just to charge the battery. Well I went home shut off the car, then went inside. My sister was rejoicing when I went home and she saw the LOTR display and Extended Edition DVD. I ate dinner, and then went and took a nap, about 6:45 grandma comes in to tell me that she tried to start the car, but the battery was dead. So should she call Annette to get a ride. I told her that since I was so tired, and because it was so close to time to go, I would just stay at home. Even if it was a Ruby Tuesdays night. Oh well. I am finally well rested for the day.
All because I forgot to shut off my lights.... I am at home right now instead of at the meeting, and in about an hour, I would have been at Rubes.
No comments:
Post a Comment