Sunday, September 07, 2003

Yet another bad day.

Ok... I was this close to quiting today *puts up his hand and shows very lil space between thumb and pointer finger.*

*Closes eyes and says to himself "Its only a job, DONT LET THEM WIN"* They did it again. Asistant Manager Tina took me aside, and told me that several people approached her and told her that when shes not there, I dissapear, and dont do my job. What the hell! Since when do I "Dissapear". I always let someone know what im gonna be doing, and a rough estimate of how long I am going to be doing it. When do I not do that? When im with a customer, and they seem like they would be insulted if I left them for 2 seconds, to tell another associate that I would am "doing my job, and helping a customer, by meeting AND exceding their expectations". Next time I am approached about it. Forget the nice, reserved Anthony everyone knows and loves! Im telling it as it is!

"When I disapear, its because im doing my Job, which if someone has a problem with me helping a customer and exceding their expectations, then maybe theres something wrong with the person(s) who think I should be in my department AT ALL TIMES. Which would also mean I could never go to the backroom for a customer to get a TV, I could never Restock shelves, I could never get returns, I could never assist a person who needs help in furnature, sporting goods, housewares, photo lab, Automotive, Hardware, Toys, and Domestics. In which case Wal-mart will have ALOT of unhappy customers, and what will happen? I will get yelled at because I didnt help the customer. "Customers come first" thats something I truely beleive. And if someone has a problem with the fact that I will drop what im doing to help a customer (when possible). Then maybe they are the ones that should be taken aside and talked to. Sure we may have stuff that we need to get done. But you truely cant expect us to EVERYTHING done, and still help EVERY customer who needs help. Especially since as a whole, I beleive 2nd shift Electronics to be quite helpful to all Customers, REGARDLESS OF WHERE THEY NEED HELP! And by doing so, we have gotten to know where alot of stuff is in the store. And I know I have several customers who will purposely look for me, just because they know I will try to help them to the best of my ability, and knowledge. (if only they would fill out a customer satisfaction card, or someother card saying how well we do. Maybe, Just maybe management would aknowledge that I am not as much of a slacker as some people think.

Also I was told about leaving my Vest and badge under the registers when I go on Break. Today just wasnt my best day.

Well I was really needing to talk to someone about my day, so when lunch came 5:17PM, I walked up and got my sub, I tried to locate Alison, when I finally found her I asked if she got her break yet, she did, @ 4:45PM, I was a half-hour late! :'(. Damn my luck. Well, I go to have lunch, I eat about 6 bites of my sub, and then I just put my head down and cried out of depression, frustration, and anger. I decide its time to go in cause I really didnt want to just stay outside and cry. So I start to head inside, and before I go in, Melissa H. asked "Whats wrong?" I just kinda turned looked at her, and shook my head. and someone else there said "Yup, I know that feeling, Wal-mart Sucks" or something like that. I head in, toss the sub, and head over to Alison's register, grab some cinnamint Orbit gum, and go up to her and tell her to get over to her register, and before I get back over, a guy comes over to her register, and beats me to it. And Alison said "Today just isnt your day is it?" the guy leaves, and go up to another register, and I pay for my gum, and remind her to let me know when she goes on lunch. So I head back to my locker to get my Edgar Allen Poe book. I finished off Metzingerstein (or how ever its spelled) its about a "Demon horse" its actually about a MONSTER horse w/ flames all over it. It calmed me down a lil. Not much but a lil. Enough for me to work well enough the rest of the day. (at least till my next break) I was working in the back most of the day. clearing bins, etc. I went out to the floor and started to put away some of the videos we had. and I saw Alison at the Register. I knew she was going to eat lunch. So I couldnt wait for break time. I was determined to spend at least that 15 min w/ her! regardless of what anyone said. So when the time came, it was 7:45, I told stacy and Jonna I was going on my last 15. and headed out to catch Alison. She was sitting at the outside bench, when I got over there we sat for a while while she ate. then we looked over at our pavillion, and it was empty, so we switched over to the pavillion. I really didnt want to go back. The whole 15, I was just thinking of how much i didnt want to leave. I was so afraid I would never see her again. It was killing me inside. Then Alison kinda stole a quick kiss from me, Right on the lips, shocked me, but i wont deny It felt good.

After a really big Hug, I was about to walk back, and she said "I think im gonna walk w/ ya" so we walked back together. and we parted when we got to the breakroom, where she put up her drink. I headed back to work, I really felt really depressed.. I got to talking to Magen for a lil bit while I was putting up some batteries, and we ended up talking about Alison. and i told her how I felt like I just said my last goodbye. and all she said was "AWE!!!" then she said, "Dont worry, she will come in and visit, I know it!" Jonna overheard, and she said something about the way I talk, it seems like I want to be Alison's boyfriend. I had to tell her that i am really not sure on that one, but I do know I want close friends who truely care about me, and I truely care about them. She said "What do you wanna be a priest?" jokingly. And told her how Thats actually pretty close. That Im already a minister. And that I was a Jehovah's Witness. That totally through her for a loop. She had no idea.

Before I left I purposely walked over to find Alison, and then saw her walking towards HBA, so I followed her, then she ducked into an isle, and just as I got to the isle she was in, she came out, and had a big smile on her face. So we walked together to where her register, or wherever she was going, im not really sure. But she gave me one last hug. And I told her 'do svidanya' (Russian for "Until we meet again").

Then I headed home....

No comments: